Brake lights staying on. - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 206
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-08-09, 11:55 AM   #1

Default Brake lights staying on.

Hi,

The brake lights on my peugeot 206 are staying on constant. I have been told there is a switch that controls the lights and that it is behind the glove compartment on the passengers side. Would this be the case for my Peugeot 206 1.1 Style 2000? Also is it easy enough to find and fix without taking anything apart?

Many thanks in advance.
culhann is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 22-08-09, 05:17 PM   #2

Got it sorted.
So if anyone does have this problem in the future the switch is just under the glove compartment and screws into a socket which you will probably need a torch to see but you will know it as is the only place for it to go, screw it in and tighten it and then that should be the problem sorted.
culhann is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-10, 10:53 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by culhann
Got it sorted.
So if anyone does have this problem in the future the switch is just under the glove compartment and screws into a socket which you will probably need a torch to see but you will know it as is the only place for it to go, screw it in and tighten it and then that should be the problem sorted.
can anyone explain more into this? would this switch be on the older models? i have an o4 plate peugeot and my number plate lights, right rear side light and front side lights constantly stay on.
shanukes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-12-12, 11:46 AM   #4

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by culhann View Post
Got it sorted.
worked 4 my brake lights stuck on my daughters 206 w reg went to scrap yard got new bulb holder old one coroded still no luck read on here under passenger side glove box white connector loose pushed in tight daughter very happy.
dexxy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 20-12-12, 12:29 AM   #5

I had a testing experience trying to renew the brake light switch on a Pug 206, it's well-hidden under the passenger side glove box, and access is a nightmare, well for me anyway, an old (slightly)fat bloke, I decided to remove the passenger seat, not difficult, just four torx bolts, and with the seat out of the way, I could lie on my back and investigate what needed to be done, with a torch......

I tried to remove the switch from its bracket with the electrical plug still in situ, but the close proximity of the cardboard glove box did not provide sufficient space to remove these Monsieur Pug' s design parameters, after all the car WAS designed for European left-hand drive, where the impediment of the glove box would be situated on the other side.....
Eventually, I had to slacken off the fixing screws retaining the glove box, and manouevre the glove box just slightly to the rear of the car to remove the plug and switch together, without using excessive hand pressure, which might have caused damage to these, in my opinion, slightly fragile, components.

I can't remember exactly, but from working on other types of vehicles, the brake light switch is also responsible for cutting off the engine fuel supply, on the over-run to minimise exhaust emission control, so any maybe unrelated electrical fault could be traced back to the brake light switch, especially on the Peugeot's multiplex Canbus wiring system, where one apparent fault soon leads down the path to another......

Merci, Monsieur Peugeot et votres "indicateurs" la vie is toujours un peu plus difficile pour nous, surtout de moi.........

Benny also speaks French, my best attempt, hope I got my message succinct................a` bientot......

Benny.

Last edited by BennyBall; 20-12-12 at 12:42 AM. Reason: French spelling mistake, "de riguer pour moi".........
BennyBall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 20-12-12, 06:21 AM   #6

life can be difficult for us bigger than slim lads lol
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.