2 tronic gearbox -creep - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 107
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-08-10, 06:03 PM   #1

Default 2 tronic gearbox -creep

I previously posted as below
"I would be interested to hear from other 2 tronic owners regarding their experience on my problem.
Sometimes when manoeuvring into or out of a parking space the clutch does not engage at low revs and if I continue to accelerate the clutch comes in with a severe lurch. If aware of the revs rising I have to ease off and start again. Usually the steering is on full lock but it can happen in a straight line.
Our garage is diffcult to get into and the behaviour of the 2Tronic is a real pain.
For normal motoring it does not happen ."
Having got nowhere with the problem I booked into a Peugeot garage.
The service manager stated they had adjusted the gearbox and the car was now OK. Difficult to get any further info. out of him as I live in Portugal.
However after some 10 days the gearbox has performed faultlessly. It has never failed to engage and even the slight lurch going into 1 and 2 has gone.
The surprise is the creep is now back, which frankly I prefer, although I understood these boxes did not have creep. It is not a strong creep but does help and I cannot see that as long as I put the box into neutral at lights etc it can increase clutch wear by very much.
Has anybody with a recent 2 tronic box find that they have creep?
Geriatric is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-11, 09:06 PM   #2

Default tiptronic gearbox problems 107

Hi Geriatric,

I can't offer tech advice as I'm just a humble ex 107 owner who prefers fixing tractors

However, my 56 plate 107 tiptronic gearbox began to have problems about a year after purchase. It only had @1800 miles on the clock, mainly urban driving. I live near a roundabout that has traffic speed of 40pmh + and when I get a gap I have to pull out fast. My 107 semi auto just couldn't cope, kept going into neutral instead of 2nd gear leaving me dead in the water with fast traffic bearing down. REALLY SCARY. It would eventually re-engage 1st with a roar of over revving while I tried to get out of the way of angry drivers. I ended up manually changin gear when pulling out from junctions.
I then had problems parking. Again, the gearbox kept sticking in neutral as if it didn't know what gear it should change into. Finally it started sticking in 3rd at speed , refusing to engage 4th, again revving. I ended up maually shifting gear all the time! At this point I'd had enough and traded it for an auto Ford fiesta. The difference was stark. The fiesta autobox is an absolute dream, smooth, responsive, fast. Unfortunately it's a petrol and not fuel efficient.
I've taken the plunge and ordered a new Bipper Tepee semi-auto. I'm hoping the gearbox will be better 5 years on. I've heard no bad reports from owners so far. I will post if I do get problems.

Regards,HS.
Handsignals is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.